Saturday, October 17, 2009

Tensegrity Info/I Might Be More Popular Now

Since my blog appears to be "googleable", a word that needs to be inducted by the dictionary people, I had a few comments from people that are incalculably smarter than most people. If you are wanting to learn more about tensegrity and its biological applications go to www.biotensegrity.com. Dr. Stephen M Levin is not only my favorite kind of surgeon (cause they get to use stainless steel hammers) but is, essentially, the leading scientist behind tensegrity applications to our anatomy and physiology. He also may be a new fan of my blog (I wish) since he left a comment.

So, to correct some of the things I mentioned in my previous post, the "Harvard boys" that I mentioned, should more appropriately be referred to as the research of Dr. Donald E. Ingber, M.D., Ph.D., professor of bioengineering at Harvard. You can find info on his research by clicking here. It was also incorrect for me to say the "Harvard boys" came up with the tensegrity idea too, an example of my combination of ignorance to the subject and inability to stay fully conscious during a lecture in a warm room with dim lights.

Other very awesome links are in the comments to my post, "Remotivate, Relax, Relapse."

Thanks for commenting everyone, scientists and non-scientist people alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment